One of the best cities for a food trip, Kansas City is also the home of the best barbecues in the country! Mouthwatering barbecues are a staple fare for celebrations, and if you are looking for the best, head to Kansas City!
With more than a hundred barbecue restaurants dotting Kansas City, you know you are in for a treat. Here are the top ten barbecue restaurants in Kansas City.
- Three Little Pigs BBQ. You know you are savoring the best in Three Little Pigs BBQ, which has been featured on the Food Channels “Taste of America” with Mark De-Carlo, and Travel Channels “BBQ Battle”.
- Burnt End BBQ. Mouthwatering large servings of thick and juicy large steaks, pork and chicken is what you will savor at Burn End BBQ.
- BBQ Shack. Their whole roasted hog must be the centerpiece of any party. Homemade jalapeno poppers, chicken wings, and hickory smoked pork spare ribs are a must-try in BBQ Shack.
- Arthur Bryant's. Greasy fries combined with BBQ ribs and beef brisket will make you feel like you have just gone to heaven! Don’t forget to bring home one of Arthur Bryant's barbecue sauce and seasonings.
- Gates and Sons Bar-B-Q. Established in 1945, Gates and Sons Bar-B-Q is the locals’ favorite. Aside from its tangy and delicious barbecues, their chili beans are to die for!
- Fiorella's Jack Stack Barbecue. Barbecued beef ribs, hickory-smoked fish, strawberry hill Polish sausage, and good to the last piece onion rings are a must try in Fiorella's Jack Stack Barbecue.
- Joe's Kansas City Bar-B-Que. In 2009, Anthony Bourdain named Joe's Kansas City Bar-B-Que as “One of Thirteen Places to Eat Before You Die” in Men's Health Magazine. Their Z-Man sandwich is the bomb!
- Q39. Known for its national championship and award-wining dishes such as house made Chipotle sausage, pulled pork, burnt ends, and tender, juicy BBQs, Q39 is ready to conquer your palate!
- Brobeck's Barbeque. Whether you are dining alone or with friends, you must order the combo platter which is brimming with sausages, ribs and meat. Brobeck's Barbeque are meant to be eaten without any sauce. Their barbecue is simply terrific!
- LC's Barbeque. Although barbecues are its specialty, you must try their burnt ends "sandwich”. Just imagine a pile of meat chunks slathered with celery seed accented barbecue sauce! You can only wish that you can have their barbecues and sandwiches every day.
- Woodyard Bar-B-Q. A family-owned barbecue restaurant, Woodyard Bar-B-Q is a no-frills place where the only star is their melts-in-your-mouth slabs of ribs! You must also try their Merriam Mixer, chilies, and hot wings.
When it comes to barbecues, there is no other city that can compare to Kansas City!