Are you heading to Hong Kong soon but on a tight budget? Known as a shopping district, we're sure your first impression of Hong Kong is that it'll cost you...a lot. But, that's not the case because you can actually take a holiday in Hong Kong without breaking the bank.
- First of all, it's best to find affordable yet quality places to stay in during your holiday. One option is to go for a hostel. Hostels are cheaper than hotels but note that these are usually dorm-type so expect to share the room with other tourists.
- If you'd like a better place to stay in, your chance of scoring a nice room at a reasonable rate is to book early. Be aware that rates shoot up on weekends.
- Bring travel-size toiletries with you so you don't need to buy.
- Opt for more affordable dining options instead of eating at fancy restaurants.
- Take a walk. Really, you'll appreciate Hong Kong life when you take a stroll instead of taking a cab or riding the subway. Plus, it's free!
- Enjoy a short journey across the water to Hong Kong Central by taking a ferry. It's just a little over five HK dollars.
- Want to enjoy a beautiful sunset? You're free to enjoy the Hong Kong skyline from the Kowloon area.
- You can also get photo opportunities at the Avenue of Stars--for free, of course.
- Another free yet satisfying thing you can do around the Avenue of Stars is too the spectacle of lights that is Hong Kong. See the buildings light up the sky right across Victoria Harbour.
- Ever heard of the Central Mid-Level Escalators? We heard it's fun to ride...and free as well!
As you can see, by doing minor adjustments in your trip, you'll be able to cut the cost of your stay in Hong Kong.
Avoid sky high prices by booking your holiday in advance. Book a vacation with a travel agent today!